Friday, February 2, 2018

Free Friday: Valentine's Coaster

Happy Friday, everyone!  It's groundhog's day today.  Despite the fact that I lived in Pennsylvania for  20 years before moving to NY to be with my hubs, I have never gone to Punxsatawney to see old Phil.  I keep thinking it would be fun, but then I remember that it's February and who want to stand outside in 10 degree weather to see a stupid groundhog?  I'd rather be at home where it's warm, and maybe one of the cats can pretend to be a groundhog.  They're about the same size anyway.

Today's pattern is simple but sweet and just in time to help you decorate your home for Valentine's day! 

Valentine's Coaster


Skill Level:

Beginner

Size:

3 ¾ x 3 ¾ inches

Materials:

  • 7-count plastic canvas
  • Red Heart yarn in colors listed in key
  • Craft felt
  • Hot glue
  • #16 plastic canvas needle

Instructions:

  1. Cut and stitch plastic canvas according to graphs.
  2. Overcast outside edges with Perfect Pink.
  3. Using coaster as a template, cut out squares of felt for backing. Trim 1/8 of an inch off around all sides. Use hot glue to attach to back of coaster.


Click the image above to see it larger.  You may share this pattern however you please as long as you don't alter it or claim it as your own.  Please link back if you share this pattern.  You may sell items made from this pattern.  However, you may not sell this pattern.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I don't know if the groundhog saw his shadow or not, but I hope spring comes early for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment