Wednesday, November 1, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Happy November, everyone!  Did you all have a fun and spooky Halloween?  Mine was ok, certainly not the greatest, but also not bad.  It was soooo cold here that, for the first time ever, we decided to stay in the house and open the door to pass out candy, rather than sitting out on our porch.  It was like 30 degrees!  YUCK!  Most of the kids were wearing jackets and scarves over their costumes.  There was one teenage girl that had a lot of guts, though.  She was wearing a tiny little spaghetti strap dress and fishnet stockings.  She said she wasn't cold, but I bet she was just trying to prove how tough she was! One must suffer for beauty, I guess!

It's been a long week for me, and unfortunately not exactly a good one.  I spent all of last week getting my yard and garden ready for winter, and then I spent an entire day picking up and cleaning my house because I'd neglected it all week!  The good news is that almost everything is done for my winter prep.  Hubby even got the snow blowers ready so as soon as the snow starts flying, we're ready to go! 

This week has been hard too because my recurring vertigo has come back.  Once in a while, maybe twice a year, I get severe vertigo to the point where I can't walk around much without getting so dizzy that I get nauseated.  And to top it off, hubby woke up with a severe migraine today.  Thankfully he can work from home (he's a computer programmer and does everything on the internet), so he's just chilling at home.  I'm also lucky that I can be home when I'm sick, since I'm a homemaker.  So even though I'm not feeling the best, I am grateful.

Since I'm not feeling so great today, I'll be quick with the pictures so I can get back to resting on the couch.


I've been working on some Christmas box patterns to sell in my shop, and I'm really happy with how they're turning out so far!  I should be able to get them up for sale by next week.


I've almost got my canning cabinet all filled with home canned food.  I'm going to make some chili sometime, and I have some jam and pickles yet to make, and that should fill it right up.  I try to get it all full every season.  Some years I'm able to fill it up and sometimes I'm not.  It depends on how busy I am.


I have a window next to the stairs leading down to my basement, and next to the window grows some lily of the valleys.  They get so pretty this time of year, with their yellow leaves and their bright red berries, so I had to get a picture of them.


By garden is looking pretty sad these days.  I'm almost done putting it to bed for the year.  I just need to spread some compost and plant my garlic for next year.


I got around to putting my all flannel quilt together.  I need to put the binding on yet, and then I need to go get some more flannel for the back.  It'll be easy to finish though since I'm just going to tie it rather than quilt it. 

That's all for this week, everyone.  I'm sorry my updates have been so brief lately because I've been sick so often.  I seem to get sick all at once, and then for 6 months I'm great!  So hopefully this will be the last of it, and when my vertigo goes away I can get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment