Friday, March 3, 2017

Free Friday: Rainbow Magnet

Happy Friday, everyone!  How did your week go?  Mine has been pretty good, very busy.  I got my first seeds of the season planted in my basement under my grow lights.  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get my garden going this year, what with the new design business and this blog taking so much of my time, but I figured I had better make the time or I'd be really sorry come summer.  I do love my vegetable garden!

Today's pattern is a really fun rainbow magnet!  It was so strange for me to pull out these colors.  They're so much brighter than the colors that I usually use!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Rainbow Magnet



Skill Level:

 Beginner

Size: 

3 ½ x 3 inches

Materials: 

  • 7-count plastic canvas
  • Red Heart yarn in colors listed in key
  • Magnetic tape
  • Hot glue
  • #16 plastic canvas needle

Instructions: 

  1. Cut and stitch plastic canvas according to graph.
  2. Overcast edges using colors of nearby stitches (use the picture above as a guide)
  3. Cut several pieces of magnetic tape to fit on the back of bat magnet. Remove paper from magnets and apply glue to sticky side before attaching to rainbow. This may seem like overkill, but it makes for a very secure bond.
 
 
 
 
Click the image above to see it larger.  You may share this pattern however you please as long as you don't alter it or claim it as your own.  Please link back if you share this pattern.  You may sell items made from this pattern.  However, you may not sell this pattern.

I hope your weekend is a bright and cheerful as this cute magnet :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your free pattern. I will enjoy sewing this colorful item.

    ReplyDelete