Friday, October 7, 2016

Free Friday: Candy Corn Earrings

This week's pattern is one I've been dying to do for a few weeks.  The idea came from my Candy Corn Coasters pattern:


Check them out at my Etsy shop.
The little candy corn on the coaster holder is so darn cute, right?  So I thought, why not make them into earrings?  They're so easy to make and really cute for Halloween!


Candy Corn Earrings


Skill Level: 

Intermediate

Materials:

  • Scrap pieces of 7-count plastic canvas
  • Red Heart Super Saver yarn in colors in key
  • Hot glue
  • Two 8mm gold tone jump rings
  • Two gold tone earring hooks
  • Two sets of jewelry or needle nose pliers

Instructions:

  1. Cut and stitch plastic canvas according to graph.
  2. With hot glue, glue two candies together, wrong sides together. Press pieces firmly together until glue dries.
  3. Use a sturdy pin to pierce a hole through the white section of both candies. Use a small knitting needle or a plastic canvas needle to make the hole larger.
  4. Using pliers to hold earring hook at both top and bottom, twist hook so that the circle at the bottom and the hook at top are perpendicular (if you look at it from above, it forms n X). Repeat with second hook.
  5. Open one jump ring very widely. Holding it with pliers, insert jump ring into the hole in one candy. Make sure ring goes through both layers of candy. Insert earring hook into ring, and then close ring with pliers. Repeat with second candy.
  6. Adjust ring and hook as needed to make it straight and even. Enjoy! ♥ 


Click the image above to see it larger.  You may share this pattern however you please as long as you don't alter it or claim it as your own.  You may sell items made from this pattern.  However, you may not sell this pattern.

I have to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of working on fall projects.  I just finished a big wall hanging yesterday, and I think next week I'm going to start working on something nonseasonal!  Do you guys ever get tired of seasonal stuff like that, or is that just me?  

So with that said, I'm not sure what next week's free pattern will be.  I might have one more Halloween project in me, or maybe I'll get back to the gingham sewing set.  I guess we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment