I have a cool new set of designs that I made for all of you! I'll be posting a set of gingham sewing tools and accessories for your sewing room. Today I'm posting the needle book, which is in my opinion something people don't know they need until they actually have one. I used to keep my needles in the little plastic cases you can buy in the store (or sometimes even in the piece of cardboard they come in), and that's just a fuss to use. Not to mention kind of ugly.
This needle book, on the other hand, is cute and handy, and because it's got a sturdy plastic canvas backbone, you're not very likely to get poked by needles when you grab it (have you ever gotten stabbed by needles when you're rifling through your sewing box? Ouch!).
The cool thing about this set is that you can make it match your sewing room by changing the yarn colors you use.
Gingham Needle Book
- 1 sheet 7-count plastic canvas
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn in colors in key
- 1 sheet craft felt
- Craft glue
- #16 plastic canvas needle
- Cut and stitch plastic canvas according to graphs.
- Whipstitch pieces of needle book together using Medium Purple yarn.
- Overcast around unworked edges with Medium Purple.
- Cut two 2 ¾ inch squares of craft felt. Glue pieces to the inside of needle book as pictured. ♥
Click on the graph above to see it larger. You may share this pattern however you please as long as you don't alter it or claim it as your own. You may sell items created from this pattern. However, you may not sell this pattern.
Enjoy! Next week I'll be posting a cool string bag to match the needle book, so keep an eye out!